You probably already knew this, but it is nice to have one’s suspicions confirmed- according to NYCTourist, the five “must-do” activities for families in New York are:
• The American Museum of Natural History: Dinosaurs; giant whales on the ceiling; an awesome sky show at the planetarium. You name it, its inside this amazing building filled with mysteries revealed, little-known creatures and anything else your imagination can, or sometimes cannot come up with.
• Broadway: Singing, dancing, drama- the Great White Way will light up you and your family’s life like no other experience. Yes, its expensive, but there are ways of saving lots on your tickets, either on the internet or getting tickets at the last moment in Times Square. Don’t miss giving your family memories that will last a lifetime.
• NY Skyride: Take the elevator up, up, up to the top of the Empire State building and enjoy a 30 minute virtual tour in a simulator which is a one-of-a-kind. Passengers move in synch with the 18-foot high-definition screen while flying above the streets and landmarks of NYC.
• Statue of Liberty and Skyline Cruise: going to the SOL is like getting two great activities rolled into one. A fun boat ride with the best view of the NYC skyline imaginable; and an exciting and educational tour of one of the greatest landmarks found anywhere in the world. Take the kids, you won’t regret it.
• NYC Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours: really get down to the nitty-gritty of what NYC is all about. It’s about the culture, and where better to explore the culture than in the neighborhoods and the unique foods offered. It’s something different and sure to please.